Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Oct. 6

I should be writing about all my exciting travel tales; or at the very least finish the ones I’ve started, but today all I can think about is the inevitable. That at some point in our live we MUST experience that loss of a very close and dear member of the family, up until now I have been able to file it away and know that in the future that it would creep back into my thoughts one day, but not in the immediate future. It seems forever ago that my grandma suffered her stroke; reality is that it has only been a year minus a month. How can it be that one day you’re laughing and talking, enjoying life and the next is totally dependent on your daughter to do everything?
Grandma has had so many little slips down the road to the next chapter in her life. When that might be is only up to her and God. Today is yet another example that the finish line is coming into view. It wasn’t a major slip, not much has changed with her, but now she must take yet another pill until the end.
I wonder is this part of the big plan that we as a family have to watch and experience all of these things to bring together this fractured family. What is the big picture? I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment