Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Headache

So here I sit in the trailer park, despite it being a sunny day it is hot. I can for the most part handle the heat but today it had to add a strong level of mugginess. It is one of those days that you would be desperately searching for the nearest body of water and not want to get out. I know that in the park there is a pool however it always is full, there is a lake within 5 minutes of here I just haven't gotten to it yet. As I sit here I wish I were there, but I just can't seem to bring myself to climb into "Betsy" to drive the short distance to the lake. And how I am sure that Boo Bear would love the refreshing coolness of the water. I know that the refreshing water would be wonderful. I love water if I could I would never leave I always say and yet here I am so close and yet just won't go. What's wrong with this picture? Why do I not want to go? Is it that even though I would have Boo Bear and Lestat with me I would be alone, or perhaps is it that I fear there is going to be a crowd and I am an out of town er and I just don't feel comfortable?
What ever the reason I haven't got the nerve to leave my little space of comfort.
maybe instead I will wait until it a little cooler and take my bike for a spin around the block and take Bear with me, she has quickly taken to the bike and run along side, no barking either which I an grateful for. I thought for sure that barking would have been something that I would have to deal with, especially since it was an issue at home when I was attempting to get her accustomed to the bike. She is such a smart girl, she not only knows how herd, something I haven't taught her, but she is an awesome swimmer and now she is a good bike companion. I don't know why this should be at all surprising to me after all if there is a treadmill she is on it, I suppose sitting on grandma's stationary bike that just so happens to be sitting next to the treadmill had a little influence on how she would react once put to the real thing.
So we will have our first days off in a few days and maybe I can get Monte to go to the lake with me and the "kids". We shall see, although I should probably drive there just to make sure I know where to go and where it is legal to have you dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment