Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dog Drama

Sitting here writing this, I am finding it hard to pinpoint the right word to adequately express the past days’ event. This was not directed towards me per say, but being a dog owner I must conclude that at any given time this could happen to me. I witnessed something that is both angering and laughable.
Living in an RV park there are always set guidelines that a guest of the park must adhere to especially if you are a dog owner. Knowing these rules are critical especially when you meet up with an individual who is so apparently loathing towards those who are responsible for those furry four-legged travel companions, who makes it quite clear that they do not and will not tolerate any outburst, or even the site of those lovable creatures.
Case in point; As I sat chatting with a fellow dog owner, his precocious little mini weenie set off to seek out his buddy down the way while his housemate sat despairingly longing to be reunited, making herself known that she was displeased with the other at leaving her alone. As the owner make his way to fetch his runaway the other sounded off. While waiting with the now vocal pup I noticed that we had an audience, I did my best to quiet the girl while still keeping hold of my Boo Bear, this Cruella Deville type stood there seething with hatred, I could see her gears spinning at how best she could manipulate the situation to best suit her. She stood there watching the owner, just as he made his way back to his trailer and the now quiet Cocker Spaniel I had managed to pacify, she quickly and purposefully made her way to the main office with a bag of trash as to not alert anyone that might be watching of her true intentions.
Upon his return we resumed the conversation, thinking nothing of it at the time I hadn’t mentioned that this woman was hawk-eyed glued to his dogs and his apparent lack of control, to her at least. Minutes pass and then out of nowhere here is this irate woman. Spouting off how pissed off she was and how dare he allow his dogs to bark, “I’ve been sitting here watching and your dogs have been barking for the past ten minutes continually, I am getting a tape recorder and prove it to you that it’s your dogs.”
Fine you do that he says, that apparently only aggravated the crazy lady. For now she was posturing aggressively and began to move forward in an attempt to possibly entice the man into a fight.
It’s kind of crazy how much a person’s actions mimic that of an animal if you see the whole picture. In response to this posturing, the man just stood his ground not giving her the satisfaction that she was wanting.
Several minutes pass as the woman refusing to take the hint that this was getting her absolutely nowhere; she finally got the hint and made her way back across the road to her trailer, then promptly climbed into her truck and sped off.
He proceeds to tell me that she HATES dogs and wishes she were home on her cattle ranch. This tidbit of information he had learned in a prior conversation before she decided to make enemies with him.
My thought is that there are several RV parks in the area that do not allow dogs, so if you do not like the why are you staying in a park that allows them, or at the very least why didn’t she request to be placed in an area that had no dogs?
It also begs the question what gives you the right to feel that you are far superior to those whom are dog owners?
My big conundrum with all this is if she went to management and complained to them about this, then why was it necessary to confront the man instead of allowing management talk to him and resolve the issue.
I may never know, but one thing is for sure I have my bases covered, hopefully I won’t need to defend myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment